Nutanix Acropolis AOS Review

Prism Central allows managing the cluster from a single pane of glass

What is our primary use case?

We are currently using Nutanix in a PoC environment to determine if it will meet our VDI needs, as well as our server virtualization needs. Our current production environment uses Citrix XenServer as the hypervisor. Nutanix plans to work with XenServer, but in the PoC, we have elected to test the Acropolis Hypervisor.

How has it helped my organization?

Our current production solution is complicated and requires many different management consoles to configure and monitor the solution. Inevitably, something gets missed and requires us troubleshoot resources. The Nutanix PoC appears to eliminate some of this confusion. The AHV integrates with the solution and most of the complexity is hidden from the admin's duties.

What is most valuable?

Prism Central allows managing the cluster from a single pane of glass, and it allows a deeper dive into the solution.

What needs improvement?

Coming from a XenServer environment, I would like better integration of XenServer into the AOS and Prism Central.

Trial/evaluations only.