Nutanix Review

Within a short span of time we can increase the capacity of the RAM or the hard disk

What is most valuable?

We like that the size of the box is 1U or 2U only, and all the servers are fit into that box. The ease of operation is there. All the servers and the SAN storage are inside the box. So there are no wires, cables to manage. Secondly, since it is a hyper-converged infrastructure, we can scale up very easily. Suppose, for example, we were using 24 TB SAN last year, and now we are increasing up to 96 TB SAN. That is very easy to do with Nutanix. Just install the hard disk, enterprise-grade SAS or SSD, and expand that particular SAN. So within a short span of time, we can increase the capacity of the RAM or the hard disk. With how compact the equipment is it saves us a lot of space in the racks.

In previous years we had six to seven server rooms, those are consolidated to only one server room now. We have only one server room and the space of that server room is hardly is 200 square feet. Cooling is easy, the amount of cooling needed is also reduced, so the administration becomes very easy. Reports are generated very easily. Additionally, we can configure the machines, we can create the VDI, for example, at a fast pace. Within four, five minutes, we are able to create the machine.

What needs improvement?

Pricing and varieties of options could be better. I represent an educational Institute, higher education. So, the cost is a major concern. Secondly, we have the 1000 and 3000 series. So we would like to see that graphic virtualization. It should support all the open standards as well as Nutanix. If the other vendor brought some SAN or NAS, it should be very compatible with that. I would rate it at a nine on a scale of ten.

We have been using Nutanix Hyper-Converged Infrastructure for three years. We use the 1000 series.

It is very stable and scalable also. So even if we are facing the power problems, the machine restarts immediately after the power is resumed, and the machine is a rugged one. So definitely a stable machine.

It is very scalable and easy to scale quicly.

The technical support is also very nice. They have partner support and direct Nutanix support.We are getting better support from Nutanix. So I can rate them with an A grade.

The Nutanix Hyper-Converged Infrastructure is easy to install. Initially, it took around one and a half days to understand the complete setup, but now once we understand the setup, we can install the complete setup within two to three hours.

What other advice do I have?

I strongly recommend the product.

I would rate it a nine out of ten.

More Nutanix reviews from users