Nutanix Review

​The solution's performances and high density was most valuable.

What is most valuable?

The solution's performance and high density are most valuable.

How has it helped my organization?

It was a PoC, so we did not test it in a production system. Rather, we prepared a near identical environment and compared its performance to the customer's old SAN solution (NetApp Fas 3220 with full magnetic disks). This comparison showed us how far this technology went: same storage of the half rack old system and many times faster in response.

What needs improvement?

The hybrid solution we tested showed a big performance reduction after intensive work on the system, due to the caching mechanism that fills the SSDs (typical of low level Hyperconverged appliances).

We used this solution for three months.

We did not encounter any issues with stability.

We have not had the opportunity to test its scalability.

We did not test the technical support in a real situation, but only to ask some configuration questions without an SLA.

That was the first Hyperconverged system we tested, so we did not switch to this solution from a different solution.

Setup was simple, but we did not prepared the appliance (it was configured by our partner).

Licensing is good if you choose to use the proprietary OS (which is free).
Pricing is good if your enviroment can take advantage of the Hyperconvergence paradigm.

We did not evaluate other solutions.

What other advice do I have?

Hyperconvergence gives a faster implementation than the "standard" solutions, and a high density architecture.

Others should see if their requirements can be fulfilled by this technology. I think it is good in enviroments like business intelligence (data mining and big data analytics).