Nutanix Review

Having everything on one platform reduces time in maintenance for our IT team

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is to support technical applications for our IT team. We are not yet using it for production.

What is most valuable?

I think that the most interesting features are the replication and redundancy.

It is a good solution and it is easy to work on a Nutanix platform.

What needs improvement?

I think that there are several areas that they can improve slightly, including the mail servers, the application servers, and perhaps even the database servers.

If we can have certified compatibility with other companies, such as Oracle, then it would let us know that they function correctly together.

Less than one year.

My impression of the stability is good. At the moment, we haven't had any issues.

I cannot comment about the scalability at this time because I don't know when we are going to generalize the solution. We may be able to say by next year, perhaps.

Our intention is to expand its usage beyond the IT team to other applications.

Nutanix technical support is very good.

Prior to this solution, we used VMware on Intel technology. We also have IBM IT Infrastructure with Power technology. We switched to Nutanix because it is easier to manage and administer the platform, compared to others.

The initial setup was easy, although we had one problem related to synchronization with the NT servers. We created a technical support ticket, and they helped us to fix the issue. It was very easy.

The deployment took not more than two or three weeks, including the migration of the servers. It is difficult to say because we acquired Nutanix with other solutions, but I think that Nutanix was faster. Not more than two weeks.

Our IT team will be maintaining the solution, and if we ever have an issue then we can call the integrator. If they cannot fix the problem then we will open a ticket to the Nutanix support.

We used an integrator to assist us with the deployment of this solution. They have done a good job.

We haven't measured our ROI for the moment, but the fact that everything is in the same solution will make life easier for our IT team. We won't have to call the storage specialist or the network specialist every time we have a problem. Everything is packaged in the same solution, and to update the platform is very easy. This will be our first ROI.

There are a lot of problems that occur. One example is when we update the firmware for a product, it can make life difficult for us. If we have a new disk that is not compatible with the storage then updating the firmware causes other things to malfunction. That is quite difficult for all of us. Overall, I think that we will be reducing the time in maintenance as compared to other platforms.

The licensing cost is on a yearly basis. There are a lot of features included with Nutanix that cost a lot with other companies.

We were given demonstrations of other solutions, but we were satisfied with all of the features that Nutanix offers.

What other advice do I have?

We have recently acquired this solution and have done the training. We are going to be using it to support technical applications before we can generalize it, and use it on a much bigger scale.

Currently, it is not the number of users that we are focused on. It will be for technical applications used only by the IT team, which is approximately seventy people.

At this point, my advice for other people who are implementing this product is that they should trust Nutanix. It is a good solution and it is easy to work on their platform. It is compatible with VMware, and they have their own container, which is free.

I would rate this product a ten out of ten.

1 visitor found this review helpful