Nutanix Review

We use this for desktop infrastructure, virtualization, and private cloud

What is our primary use case?

We have multiple use cases. We use this for desktop infrastructure, virtualization, general virtual machines, as well as private cloud use cases.

What is most valuable?

Any feature related to the performance, like data locality, compression, and deduplication are all very important features.

What needs improvement?

We could always use a performance upgrade, or simplified management.

The features I would most like to see added would be: compatibility for HV, improvement to the cloud features, and more private features.

We've been using Nutanix for four years.

It is very stable. We have only had really small issues, and some of it was resolved with my Nutanix support.

Nutanix is very powerful. We have many customers with a number of nodes in the same cluster.

The Nutanix support team is very, very powerful.

Setup was very straightforward. We deployed our own service implementation deployment for four years. I am the consultant. We have a team for deployment, with five engineers.

Pricing varies greatly between license and editions. The license also changes in by number of users. So, it's a little difficult to calculate the license cost.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Nutanix as nine out of ten. A perfect ten is very challenging to acheive, but I think nine is basically perfect.

More Nutanix reviews from users