Netscout logo

OptiView XG Review
The packet capture feature is valuable when there's a troubleshooting issue.

Valuable Features:

The packet capture feature is valuable when there's a troubleshooting issue. Since this is a data center, there are thousands of servers/users.

Improvements to My Organization:

When there is a performance issue, we do the sniffer capture on the OptiView XG, and then we analyze the captures. If it helps to determine what the problem is, then it improves the server or application performance.

Room for Improvement:

The licensing cost needs to improve since it is very expensive, especially the licensing and maintenance costs.

We used to cover the maintenance, but it's too expensive, so we no longer pay on a yearly basis for the maintenance anymore.

This product is also too bulky.

Use of Solution:

I have been using this solution for around four years.

Stability Issues:

When we first got the second one, there was an issue with the power cable, i.e., when we plugged the power cable into the unit, even if you moved it a little bit, it would turn off. Then we sent it in and it seems a little bit more stable now than it was before. This was a while ago, so it's been fixed.

Scalability Issues:

It has not crashed; there were no scalability issues.

When I had the power issue mentioned elsewhere, I contacted them to get it fixed; they sent me a temporary one while they were trying to fix it. So, it was pretty good. I would probably give them a 10/10.

Previous Solutions:

The new OptiView XGs were purchased because the data center has all 10-gigabit fiber; so that's why we had to purchase that.

Initial Setup:

The setup was pretty straightforward.

Other Advice:

Just test it out. We've always used a Fluke (now NETSCOUT), so I can't really compare it to anything else.

The maintenance cost is obviously too expensive, so our management is not going to approve that type of maintenance cost on a yearly basis.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About OptiView XG?

Our experts can help. 227,901 professionals have used our research on 5,829 solutions.