Oracle Autonomous Mobile Cloud Enterprise Review

The hybrid framework eliminates the need for specific skills for specific platforms. I'd like to see the size of the applications improved.

Valuable Features

• Hybrid framework eliminates the need for specific skills for specific platforms.
  • Suitable and perfect transition for ADF/Java Developers.
  • Complete suite of rich UI components that fits our needs.

Improvements to My Organization

Oracle MAF is based on the Oracle ADF Framework. It helped us to offer mobile solutions easily and quickly without having to learn a complete framework from scratch.

Room for Improvement

• Performance
  • Size of the applications

Use of Solution

I've been using it for two years.

We've had no issues with the deployment.

There have been no issues with the stability.

We have not had any scaling issues.

It could be improved. Sometimes takes too long to receive proper solutions and answers or bug fixes.

I used other frameworks such AngularJS and Ionic as they are free.

The initial setup is quite easy and there is a lot of documentation, tutorials and information published by Oracle.

Implementation Team

We implemented it with our in-house team.

From my experience, an Oracle MAF implementation requires very good knowledge of Oracle ADF, Cordova, and Java.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

The license is not suitable for small to mid-level clients. I consider the license prices too expensive and Oracle MAF does not offer something new that other free frameworks offer.

Other Advice

Oracle MAF is designed for larger companies who are already running Oracle Fusion middleware products. Oracle MAF can be easily integrated with other Oracle Solutions and then it increases the productivity and the speed for delivering Mobile Solutions. However, it should be considered if it makes sense buying licenses of Oracle MAF or using free frameworks are enough.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are a Platinum Partner of Oracle.