Oracle Big Data Cloud Service Review

Easy to set up with good data integration and data virtualization

What is our primary use case?

Our customers primarily use the solution in the education industry.

How has it helped my organization?

With other products, the enterprise customer has to do the data analysis in their business department. With this product, they get all the data; it's good quality and refreshed frequently so the customer is able to pull more valuable insights for their business.

What is most valuable?

The solution's most valuable aspects are its data integration and data virtualization.

What needs improvement?

We developed the solution based on Hadoop, but using Hadoop as a relationship database, it's hard to maintain and recruit developers. There needs to be better integrations with other solutions and there need to be more tools (including virtualization tools) and utilities between this solution and Hadoop.

For example, Oracle has a product called Big Data SQL and it built a bridge between Hadoop and Oracle's database to make things easier for developers.

The solution needs to be more stable.

I've been using the solution for three years.

We've had some issues with stability.

The scalability is okay.

We've previously contacted technical support, which was okay. We're satisfied with the amount of service we've received.

We didn't previously use a different solution.

The initial setup was easy. However, some open source technologies were not compatible with each other, and we had to refine them to make them work better together.

We had our team work on the implementation, but we did use some open source technology.

What other advice do I have?

We use the private cloud deployment model for enterprises.

I'd rate the solution 8.5 out of ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about Oracle Big Data Cloud Service vs. Turbonomic and other solutions. Updated: May 2021.
512,221 professionals have used our research since 2012.