Oracle Data Quality Review

We used Informatica IIR and switched because of support & compatibility reasons.

What is most valuable?

Synchronization of Contact / Account data is most valuable to the client.

How has it helped my organization?

The quality of data has vastly improved & our business intelligence reports are accurate in real time.

Additional examples:

1) Stateless – that means no synchronization of Contact / Account data is needed between Siebel and OEDQ. If for example a new contacts gets created – it will be possible to match this new contact immediately. There is no lag time for the synchronization between both.

2) Fully configurable matching process. In OEDQ a matched contact or account – the rules which are applicable while matching can be identified. So a score of 95% can be explained in such a way that a contact was found based on an exact match but with a different phone number.

What needs improvement?

Installation & initial setup while integrating with other enterprise software vendors.

2 years.

Yes, Java 64 bit version was used, but Siebel the enterprise software application was 32-bit. So we had compatibility issues.

Stand-Alone application (OEDQ) was very stable with-in apache.

Oracle customer service was excellent.

Oracle technical support was great as we got the response of most of our resolution ticket on the same day.

Yes, we used Informatica IIR (identity resolution system) & we switched because most of Enterprise software was Oracle based, so for support & compatibility reasons we switched to OEDQ.

Initial setup for OEDQ was straight forward but integration with CRM system was complex.

This product was implemented as a part of in-house development.

We have trust worthy & reliable data; accurate ana.

N/A. Software was procured by another department based on our request. You need one FTE or consultant to maintain the product after initial setup.

What other advice do I have?

Ensure that you have clear understanding when integration OEDQ with other enterprise software. Also ensure that software compatibility matrix & setup documentation has been reviewed carefully.