Oracle Exalogic Review

The virtualization, especially vUser creation, is the most valuable feature for us. Reporting and bug fixes should be applied for this product on-time.

What is most valuable?

How has it helped my organization?

Flexibility on server creation and deployment are much easier on this machine.

What needs improvement?

Reporting and bug fixes should be applied for this product on-time.

We are the end customer and are managing Exalogic for our customer, and it's been in place for one-and-a-half years.

We had no issues with the deployment.

We have had issues with the stability as the product failed on its promise for replication of all the components. There was a zpool failure which was exceptionally problematic.

We have had no issues scaling it.

7/10

7/10

This is being used in a customer's environment, and I am unsure if they used something previously.

The initial configuration was performed by Oracle before handing over the machine to us.

The first implementation was done by Oracle, and later on we did all the new implementations.

The ROI is good, but I would suggest only a high-end customer should go for this as Platinum support is a must.

This is being used in a customer's environment, and I am unsure if they evaluated anything else.

What other advice do I have?

Certainly buy Platinum support as you will need Oracle's help every now and then.