Oracle VM VirtualBox Review

I can quickly create a portable working environment with applications. I can’t easily add or enable network ports without powering down my virtual machine.

What is most valuable?

It gives me the simplicity to quickly create virtual machines and to deploy my applications, and it's free. These are the most valuable features for me.

How has it helped my organization?

I can quickly create a portable working environment with all the applications running in my VirtualBox VMs.

What needs improvement?

An example of an area of improvement that I can see from my use of it would be the VirtualBox network setting. From my experience with it, I can’t easily add network or enable network ports without powering down my virtual machine.

I have been using VirtualBox for a couple of years now.

I have had no issues with the deployment.

I have had no issues with the stability.

I do not have more than four virtual VMs running concurrently as these are all individual pods deployed for demo purposes etc.

I've had no experience with the customer service and technical support. I have been using the free edition of Oracle VirtualBox.

I have used VMware, Hyper-V, RHEV, OpenStack, and, now, VirtualBox. I have used all these hypervisors in my environments for demos and test purposes.

The initial setup is very straightforward. Once you are familiar with virtualization, VirtualBox is very intuitive and simple to use.

This is an in-house implementation. Try it out, it is very easy. It fulfills most of my requirements in virtualizing my applications so that I can do demos and run tests.

I am using the free version of Oracle VirtualBox.

What other advice do I have?

Give it a try, it is free.

What we have in this screenshot is 3 VMs powered on:

• A Linux DNS server
  • A Windows JumpBox
  • Two Cloudian Servers (with one powered off)

More Oracle VM VirtualBox reviews from users
...who compared it with VMware vSphere