Oracle VM VirtualBox Review

Flexibility allows you to run in multiple platforms, Windows, Linux, Macintosh

Video Review:

How has it helped my organization?

Having the flexibility to have VirtualBox run on a local machine, or over on the cloud.

What is most valuable?

The flexibility and the closed platform, so it allows you to run in multiple platforms, Windows, Linux, Macintosh.

What needs improvement?

One of the things that we need, because with LeVAULT we control the authentication layer, and we support multiple factors for authentication -  anywhere from four to 27 factors  - and we allow you to be able to raise your key's devices, as keys to authenticate, as one of the factors. We're working with them to be able to allow the local USB ports to be ported over to the remote desktop, running VirtualBox.

We didn't talk about the capability of improving playing video, and being able to download; and streaming.

I haven't scaled it to that level, but we're about to do that. I will have a client that is going to virtualize 5000 to 10,000 virtual machines initially. Towards the next year we'll take it up to about 200,000 to 250,000. We'll soon find out what we'll need to implement it.

We have a few issues so far, there's a few things that we're going to do to improve the speed, like when you play videos and things like that. Overall it's pretty good.

We had other costumers that had used other solutions, such as VMware and Microsoft hypervisor, but I've pushed them all over to VirtualBox because of its flexibility and potential.

It's pretty straightforward. You know I've used VirtualBox for over five or six years. It's pretty clear, enough to be able to follow through and install.

What other advice do I have?

The most important factor when selecting a vendor is probably the ability to have partnerships, to be able to work. Because any technology that we have, it works with Oracle's platforms. So it's important for us to be able to work with partnerships, and that's the reason we became an Oracle Gold Partner.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Oracle Gold Partner.
More Oracle VM VirtualBox reviews from users
...who compared it with VMware vSphere