OWASP Zap Review

Offers good web application spidering and vulnerability assessment

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use this application for web application spidering and vulnerability assessment.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the spidering because, being a security person, it is very important for me to know each and every section of that application, so we cannot afford to miss any single web page or any single link on a particular website. The spidering mechanism is very good.

What needs improvement?

The automatic scans need improvement. The automated vulnerability assessments that the application performs needs to be simplified as well as diversified.

I've been using the solution for 5 years.

The solution is very stable. Presently there are only around three people including me using this particular solution. I really don't think we would be needing anything more than these as of right now.

I would say that scalability doesn't apply to this particular application.

Presently there is only community support available, and we are able to solve a lot of problems using the documentation with community support.

Yes, we actually use a couple of different products but there is one specifically that we use, which is the Burp Suite.

The initial setup was very straightforward.

This app is completely free and open source. So there is no question about any pricing.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend that you should go through the documentation really well. That's it.

I would rate this product 8 out of 10.