Palo Alto Networks K2-Series Review

Easy to implement and manage, and the documentation is good

What is our primary use case?

We are a system integrator and the Palo Alto K2-Series is one of the network solutions that we implement for our clients.

Many of the implementations that I am part of are for the banking sector in Egypt and generally, they are not interested in cloud-based solutions. The K2-Series is well-suited for this use case.

What is most valuable?

This Palo Alto firewall is easy to manage. You just implement it and forget about it. The Panorama management tool is very easy to use.

The documentation is good.

What needs improvement?

The partner support, which is a local company, is not that good and can be improved.

I would like to see the threat intelligence capability integrated with other vendors such as Cisco and Forcepoint. This would effectively be a multi-threat intelligence solution. Along the same lines, it would be useful to share threat signatures with different vendors.

I have been working with this solution for more than 18 months.

All on-premises firewall solutions have an issue with scalability if they aren't designed correctly from day one. You have to measure with consideration for future expansion and include it in your design, otherwise, you will get stuck.

There are two categories of support. There is partner support, which in my case is a local company in Egypt. The support provided by the partner is not very good. However, when you purchase vendor support, it is very good.

I have experience with similar products from several vendors including Cisco, Juniper, Forcepoint, and Fortinet.

The initial setup is straightforward and easy to do.

Our in-house team implements this solution for our customers.

This is an expensive solution, although you will get value for the price.

What other advice do I have?

Palo Alto is the leader in next-generation firewalls. The suitability of it, however, depends on the design, throughput, and the number of sessions.

Overall, this is a very simple and very effective firewall, and I am satisfied with it.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

More Palo Alto Networks K2-Series reviews from users