Palo Alto Networks K2-Series Review

Offers more control over the security of your network since it gives a Layer 7 approach view unlike the built traditional firewalls that focuses on layer 4

What is most valuable?

Palo Alto has an approach that makes the configuration easier not only for the customers but also for the IT help for the customers.

What needs improvement?

In terms of what needs improvement, Palo Alto is lacking abilities that other firewalls can do. They disable the current sessions when you think the hardest part is done. They have a workaround for authentication, but then our clients just use the local database of the device itself.

Some of the small to medium businesses are using these features and it would be easier for us to upsell the product up to other networks. Palo Alto Networks is quite a bit higher when it comes to prices. They should implement the features that the other firewalls have.

In the next release, I would like for them to include a checkbox where the user could disable concurrent users of the portal.

I have been using Palo Alto Networks K2-Series for six months.

When it comes to bug fixes, bugs will be fixed through a software upgrade or another fix.

Scalability is easy to do because we just have to know the number of users.

If I'm going to rate the support of Palo Alto, I would give it an 8 out of ten because they have good engineers, but sometimes I think that they take too long to respond to my queries. But most of them are very good.

The initial setup is easy. I have very little knowledge really in procedures, but I could connect to the internet and it was easy to follow when initially configuring the firewall.

The time to configure will depend on the client. If the client is just a small to medium business it will only take a day or two to configure it.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to someone considering this solution would be that it's okay to spend a bit higher on your security products because Palo Alto is a bit more expensive than other products, but it is definitely worth it. The granularity of Palo Alto gives you more control over the security of your network.

More Palo Alto Networks K2-Series reviews from users