Panda Security Adaptive Defense Review

Good remote management, excellent advanced protection, and very good overall functionality

What is our primary use case?

I primarily use the solution for my clients. I'm a service provider.

It's used as an EDR, which is endpoint detection and response. The solution is used to protect my client's office and their practice.

What is most valuable?

Overall, I find the entire solution valuable.

Their remote management (RMM) is very good.

I use a portion of their advanced protection tool. It's great for monitoring and taking a deeper look at various scenarios.

I love the function of it and what it does. I love the graphics, the view. The actual dashboard is good. It has a lot of information. It's very useful.

What needs improvement?

The only part I really don't use as much is their firewall. It's a bit superfluous. Most people have their own firewall in place, so they don't really need that part portion of the solution.

Right now the biggest improvement they could implement would be on the administration side. I have to go between different logins. My purchase for my own internal use is totally different than what my clients are on. It's really difficult to try to manage both and to go back and forth in between them. You need to remind yourself: "Oh, I've got to log into this one or log into that one". It's a different portal for each one. Their portal is, to me, in need of a lot of work. It's just not very good. Its not very intuitive.

The solution really needs to update its entire platform.

I've been using the solution for a couple of years now.

Once you got it up and running and are using it, it's great.

It's my understanding that they're very easily scaled across a smaller organization. I work with small businesses. However, if a company had to scale from small to large, it's my understanding that they are not very scalable. It's limited.

I use it exclusively right now. If my clients need me to, I would increase usage in the future.

I don't use technical support that often, so I don't have much of a need for them. However, when I talked to them in the past, I noticed that they were not here in America. They're actually based in Spain. They just got purchased, however. My understanding is that the company just got acquired by WatchGuard. I don't know how this will affect the support in the future. A lot of things will probably change.

I used multiple different products. I switched to them because they had a SIEM behind it. That's really the only reason.

I used to use iShare. iShare went out of business. When that happened, I had to switch from that. They were kind of like an EDR, however,  they still offered more antivirus type items instead of EDR. Panda, on the other hand, has the EDR plus a SIEM behind it and I'm really an advocate for SIEMs.

The initial setup is pretty complex. It's not straightforward. They were not meant to be set up for the MSP model, which is month to month. They're more based on an old model, which involves buying so many licenses for the computer. It's hard to do. They haven't really upgraded their methods, at least for the last three years.

I couldn't even use the systems management because it wasn't a part of the license. Their patch management still isn't up to date and ready for the MSP side of things. There are parts of the whole process that are just off.

Now that the company has been acquired, I'm under the impression they're currently changing a lot of their pricing.

The pricing has different levels. The full cost depends on what you want. I personally am using a few different items. It's not a simple flat fee.

It is complicated to get pricing. If I needed to add a new client, I would have to go and ask them what the pricing is every time. Or, I have to look up emails that they sent me that have information on pricing.

What other advice do I have?

I'm a consultant and reseller.

I'd advise other organizations to try the solution. That's all I can say. There are so many different aspects of it and so many different pieces that you can put it together depending on what you're using it for. The solution itself is great. It's just all the other stuff around it that is sometimes difficult.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten. If it wasn't for the dated platform, I'd rate it a bit higher.

360
**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Consultant
More Panda Security Adaptive Defense reviews from users
...who compared it with Kaspersky Endpoint Security
Learn what your peers think about Panda Security Adaptive Defense. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,637 professionals have used our research since 2012.