Panda Security Adaptive Defense Review

Easy to implement, fine security granularity, and good reporting

What is our primary use case?

We are a system integrator and this is one of the products that we implement for our clients.

We set up Panda Security Adaptive Defense for endpoint protection.

How has it helped my organization?

Since implementing this solution, we have not had any trouble with malware.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the web filter application control.

This solution is very easy to implement.

The granularity of security is very good because we can create different groups that are categorized, for example, by the department. There are policies in place to assist with this.

The reports are good and help us to better manage our system.

What needs improvement?

The Linux installation is performed on the command line and they need a package installer for that operating system.

We have been working with Panada Security for six months.

This solution is stable, at least for now. We haven't experienced any issues or received any reports that the endpoint has crashed or it is missing from the network. Overall, it seems to be performing well and is always functioning.

I think that Panda Security is scalable because you just need to install the package and it will adapt. You can perform cloud-based management. You can add as many subscriptions as you need to.

Our clients are in the banking industry and one of them has about 50 branches. They initially purchased about 500 licenses from us and they also have a corporate team that has another 300 licenses.

I have not contacted technical support by telephone or email. When I have run into problems, I just performed a Google search and used the knowledge base. That was enough to solve our problems.

I have also worked with Sophos. It is a better solution but Panada Security is more economical and the feature set is good.

It is hard to install and deploy on a Linux operating system.

We implement this solution for our clients and train them with the knowledge required to manage and use it.

The licensing is subscription-based and priced well compared to other endpoint security solutions. The price is good for the functionality that it provides.

What other advice do I have?

In general, this product is performing to our expectations. Of course, the best thing to do if you're going to purchase any product is to do a proof of concept first. There are limitations with any software but based on our experience, we are happy with Panda Security Adaptive Defense. That said, it is not perfect.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

More Panda Security Adaptive Defense reviews from users