PGi GlobalMeet Review

Valuable Features

The most beneficial for me is the conference calling, video and screen sharing features. This gives us the feel that we are in the same room as the people we are communicating with.

Improvements to My Organization

This is the future of modern business and networking. Our company uses this constantly for efficient communication. This is the best way for all of us to collaborate. We are located all over the United Stated. Without resources like GlobalMeet, we would not be able to collaborate as affectively.

Room for Improvement

For the video and screen sharing, I would like to see more of a notification that you are sharing. I am usually aware when I am presenting but I could see how some people would not be aware. I feel like I have also easily clicked screen share when I did not intend to. This has been improved from previous versions I have seen in the past.

Use of Solution

I think solutions could be that the screen would change colors when you are presenting.

When multiple people are using the video sharing there can be lags. I think this is something to be expected when using technology such as GlobalMeet. In my experience there has been a noticeable difference in calling and video conferencing when there are 30+ people connected.

I have noticed it crashing during some events. Most of the meetings it has crashed in has been during large groups. I can see how that can easily happen. The problem with these crashes is that usually when an error occurs in larger meetings, the meetings are more high priority. High priority meetings are the worst time to have stability issues.

I kind of touched on this in the previous questions. Scalability would be the main issue with GlobalMeet. This is an issue that is expected. I'm not sure of the best way to fix this because it is not in my area of expertise. I'm sure this has to be an area of concert with GlobalMeet as it is a growing service that will continue to grow if the needs are met.

I personally have not dealt with any customer service issues, problems or have dealt with them at all really. I would suppose this would be a good thing for GlobalMeet. I would assume that the customer service is excellent though. Hopefully I will not have to deal with them in the future and everything will keep working lovely.

I personally have not had many issues, nor have I had to communicate with technical support. This is something other people would do that are conducting the meetings. Maybe one day I will work my way to where I am the one in charge of the meetings and therefore having to communicate with technical support. When that day comes I'm sure it will be a positive experience.

When having issues I usually do basic troubleshooting techniques. As I am writing this, I am realizing I'm not exactly sure what the question is asking. Because of this I cannot accurately answer the question. I have not had to deal with customer service or technical support, so I'm not sure if I have came up with a solution to problems as of yet.

For me, the initial setup was straightforward and not complex. I could see where if you were not a very technically savvy person, then some issues could arise. The user interface is pretty friendly and adaptable. It is fairly simple to learn. Basic tutorials help with the learning curve.

Implementation Team

I'm not really sure exactly. My company walked me through what to do and I do it. They tell me when to jump on a video chat or conference call and I can easily access the meeting and agendas. It is very beneficial to have. I'm not really sure who started this with our company but I am greatful.

ROI

I'm assuming this is referring to "Return of Investment"? I have no idea really. I'm sure GlobalMeet has saved us money in just time alone. We use GlobalMeet a good amount just in my field and I'm sure it is used more in other areas of the company. I would say it has to be a good "bang for your buck".

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

Again I have no clue about the pricing and licensing of the product. I would say it is most likely fairly priced because so many companies use it as a vital resource. With that being said, there are always other companies competing on the market.

Other Solutions Considered

My last statement leads into a good segue for this question. I would hope my company evaluated all of the competitors. For one reason or the other they chose GlobalMeet to go with. GlobalMeet has been a great resource so far and I have not heard of any complaints from other employees.

Other Advice

This is a pretty tough survey I have to say. I'm not sure if I am really qualified to discuss cost evaluations in this survey. I tried any ways and hope it can be helpful to someone. I've also realized I didn't have a good estimate of what 120 characters look like. Now I do, and that's something I have learned today.

1 Comment
Training Manager at a manufacturing companyReal User

I too like the idea of a better way to know that your screen is being shared. Unless I select a section of the screen, the orange outline can be lost along the edges of my computer.

12 September 16