Pillir Review

Helpful dashboard, supports offline capabilities for SAP, professional support, and a simple pricing model

What is our primary use case?

We use PIllir's EdgeRead Cloud to create new applications, as well as to modernize our SAP customization and make them into mobile-friendly apps. Our environment is a very complex SAP, integrated with several other systems.

As part of our S/4HANA migration plans, we evaluated our existing customizations that were created to support the business and we were debating the best way to migrate them. Using PIllir's solution, we've basically converted some of the more heavily used business processes, and we're in the process of implementing the rest of them.

In addition, deploying the SAP enhancement pack was very slow because of the need to test all of the custom code. Using Pillir, we now can easily deploy SAP security patch without having to go and re-test all custom objects

How has it helped my organization?

So far, we've used Pillir in a few processes. One of them is Payroll, where especially in our remote locations, some of the processes were done manually and this has saved us about 95% of the costs.

Another was in our inventory and receiving goods process, where it allowed us to upgrade the process while running it on Zebra and tablets.

We are now evaluating several processes to be modernized using Pillir.

Pillir gave us a dashboard that maps all of the processes and objects and allows us to see which ones cost us the most in terms of technical debt. This is our area of focus.

What is most valuable?

I believe that this is the only product in the market that truly supports offline capabilities in an SAP environment. We have people going through all of their shifts without connectivity, yet it automatically later synchronizes well with SAP, without creating extra documents or anything like that.

The ability to take ABAP code and automatically convert it to a mobile app and then adjust it to our needs is something that I haven't seen in any other low-code solution on the market, and it has been life-changing for us.

I love how easy it is to manage the design of the process using drag and drop. I know they are working to make the developer experience even better, and I'm very excited about it.

The modernizer element that converts existing ABAP business logic to the cloud-native mobile-friendly solution is a very powerful tool that I haven't seen in the market.

What needs improvement?

The modernizer element should convert a higher percentage of the ABAP code, moving it from approximately 75%, closer to 100%.

We have been using Pillir for approximately eight months.

This is a very stable product.

This solution is highly scalable.

Love them, very professional and prompt.

Previously, we just had ABAP custom development solutions.

The initial setup is straightforward.

I've worked directly with Pillir's team.

With just the first process, we probably returned the investment in about two months!

I love how simple their pricing model is. It is straightforward consumption based on the number of end-users. There are no hidden costs for infrastructure, as I've seen in some of the other solutions.

We evaluated Mendix before choosing this product.

Hybrid Cloud
More Pillir reviews from users
...who compared it with Mendix
Find out what your peers are saying about Pillir, Mendix, Fujitsu and others in Rapid Application Development Software. Updated: July 2021.
523,431 professionals have used our research since 2012.