Pivot3 Review

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case was for a persistent VDI solution using vSphere as the hypervisor software and using Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop as the provisioning software in an enterprise Windows server domain infrastructure.

How has it helped my organization?

It greatly streamlined the time it took to scale out the enterprise and it completely eliminated the need for a SAN/Storage engineer, with the simplicity the Pivot3 Stack Manager brought with it for managing storage.

What is most valuable?

One feature we found useful was the product's complete ability to integrate with vCenter since all of our admins and engineers came from VMware backgrounds.

What needs improvement?

Until recently, one of the biggest problems with HCI vendors was the lack of flexibility for adding resources. For instance, if you only needed more storage, you would have to buy another node which would come with extra compute and memory that you might not need.