Pivot3 Review

Easy to implement, good technical support, and easy to understand

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case for this product is as a recovery solution in our data center.

The deployment model we are using is on-premises.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the ease of implementation.

This solution is easy to use and the interface has improved since the previous version.

What needs improvement?

Marketing needs improvement. There is not a lot of public awareness of this solution or update release notifications.

There is no communication from the vendor to advise us of the next product release. We want to know what is happening with Pivot3, what are they coming up with next, as well as what is new and improved with Pivot3? These are some of the things that could be updated for the current customers, but is currently lacking.

In the next release, I would like to see compatibility and support for critical applications, like SAP.

I have been using this solution for almost four years.

This solution is stable.

They are improving and currently working on the particulars of working with OEM as partners. Previously they were with Dell, but working with OEM will be great!

This solution is scalable.

Scalability in a hyper-converged infrastructure is a minimum of three nodes, then it depends on the version you are using and the number of nodes you need, then you can scale.

Since it is related to hardware, you can scale it up to a certain time, because even the process of the nodes keeps changing from intel and we have to be careful with that, but I think that we have a good scalable model.

This is one of our core applications. We run it every day and we totally dependant on Pivot3.

The support is good. They have online support where you can submit a claim then they will get back to you to resolve your issues.

We used multiple products. There are some stand-alone products and services, but when it comes to a hyper-converged infrastructure, the first solution that was purchase was Pivot2, then EMC, Dell EMC, and VxRail.

The main difference between Pivot3 and other comparable solutions is the price.

The initial setup is straightforward.

Racking and stacking don't take much, but the configuration depends on which application we are using, but as a product, it doesn't take any longer than two days to configure and initialize.

We managed the deployment and maintenance with only one person.

The racking and stacking were done with the help of an integrator and the deployment was done through a vendor.

What other advice do I have?

Since this is a hyper-converged product, we don't do a lot in the way of integration with this solution with other products on the application side, but we have integrated with Dell Switches, character switches, and it was competitively fine.

We are partners, gold partners with Microsoft and we do Azure migrations for software.

My advice for anybody implementing this solution is to try to keep it simple and don't try to complicate things.