Pure FlashArray X NVMe Review

Reduced time to insights but the scalability needs improvement

What is our primary use case?

We use the on-premise deployment model of this solution. Our primary use case is for machine learning analytics.

How has it helped my organization?

It has benefited my organization because it has reduced time to insights.

Its agility has been a benefit for our IT organization. We are running VMware on Pure. The main driver was FlashStack. The joint solution has helped my organization through its support.

What is most valuable?

The performance is the most valuable feature of this solution.

We have taken advantage of the VMware integrations developed by Pure with the validated design, FlashStack CVD. The integration has helped in the way that engineers feel competent that the solution is designed correctly.

What needs improvement?

In the next release, I would like to see real-time analytics for further insight into consumption models.

The scalability and telemetry analytics could be improved.

The stability is good.

It is somewhat scalable but it's not infinitely scalable. They could improve the petabyte-scale with greater capacities.

We haven't needed to contact technical support.

We knew that we needed to switch because our system wasn't performing so we knew we had to buy something. We liked Pure because it had a good pitch.

The initial setup was straightforward.

We did the deployment in-house.

We have seen a two year ROI.

With VMware, we pay $300,000 annually.

We also evaluated Hitachi, Nimble, and EMC. We went with Pure because they have the best pitch.

What other advice do I have?

The advice I would give to someone considering this solution is, don't wait. Go for it.

I would rate it a seven out of ten. There is room for improvement.

More Pure FlashArray X NVMe reviews from users