PyTorch Review

Good interface, free of cost, and quite stable

What is our primary use case?

It is mostly used for everything that is connected to machine learning, data science, training, and other similar things.

What is most valuable?

Its interface is the most valuable. The ability to have an interface to train machine learning models and construct them with the high-level interface, without excess busting and reconstructing the same technical elements, is very useful.

What needs improvement?

There is not enough documentation about some methods and parameters. It is sometimes difficult to find information.

I have been using PyTorch for almost two years.

It is quite stable. Currently, I am the only user.

It is scalable.

They don't have support. It is an open-source kind of thing. It is not really open source, but openly available.

It is more or less straightforward. I sometimes have problems installing it. The deployment duration depends on the size of the model. It could take one hour. Sometimes, the whole process can take more than several weeks.

It was an in-house installation.

It is free.

I also considered TensorFlow. I don't remember why exactly I chose PyTorch instead of TensorFlow, but I think I didn't evaluate much. It was just like one of the two options, so I went for PyTorch.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend this solution. I would rate PyTorch an eight out of ten.

1.7.0
More PyTorch reviews from users
...who compared it with TensorFlow
Find out what your peers are saying about PyTorch, OpenVINO, Apache and others in AI Development Platforms. Updated: April 2021.
476,483 professionals have used our research since 2012.