Rapid7 InsightIDR Review

I am able to run automated actions based on the output of reports

What is our primary use case?

Visibility and response.

How has it helped my organization?

I am able to run automated actions based on the output of reports, leaving me extra time to focus on more pressing matters.

What is most valuable?

The ability to ingest Office 365 log files, then process them into events and display them on a map. This feature is particularly useful as it allows us to view students who are attempting to bypass our content filters, and it shows us users who have been phished.

What needs improvement?

Personally, I feel it would greatly benefit from more supported log sources. Additionally, the ability to tune the collector for custom logs would greatly help.

Less than one year.

Product is cloud-based. Thus far, it has proven to be stable.

No product scales extremely well

The technical support is a solid 10 out of 10 as they take the time to answer any questions or problems which may arise in a reasonable time frame.

Initial setup was straightforward.

I had a support engineer sit with me through the whole process over the course of three days. He was a huge help!

This is a great product. The team is very willing to work with companies. My suggestion is to call the Rapid7 sales department and see how they can help.

We did PoC with a couple of other products. However, Rapid7 InsightIDR was the best product for our needs and budget.

We evaluated LogRhythm and AlienVault. Both were inferior in regards to pricing or performance.