Recruitee Review

A solid, easy-to-use, and simple solution that quickens the hiring process and supports a lot of automation

What is our primary use case?

The company that I worked with was a hiring company here in Saudi Arabia. We were working to build a hiring platform. We used Recruitee in-house for the company, and we found it to be such a useful and efficient platform that we started to use it as our tool until we can build our own platform or hiring tool. It was SaaS at first, and then we hosted it on our own.

How has it helped my organization?

Before this, we had our own platform for hiring, but it was quite simple and quite limited in its capabilities. Using Recruitee really allowed us to take a break and see a more developed and grounded platform that does things. We learned a lot from Recruitee in developing our own solution and focusing on our niche. Later on, we used it to hire again for ourselves. Even though this company has its own platform and it is working well, they still use Recruitee for their own hiring. If you apply to this company, they will be using their Recruitee website or webpage.

What is most valuable?

In general, the platform is very simple to customize. We have previously used different ERP/funneling platforms, such as Pipedrive. They were all great, but they were very complicated to set up and very confusing. Getting someone completely new to use them was a pretty big headache, but Recruitee is very easy to use. It is straightforward to get someone completely new to learn everything and use the project in one day.

It provides the ease of onboarding people and the ease of use. It is not trying to be more than it is. It is just about hiring, and it focuses just on the hiring process, communicating with people, and going to multiple hiring stages. Most ERP/hiring solutions have massive integrations and customizations. They try to provide a lot of things in the platform, but Recruitee is there just to recruit. It is very linear. It just does its job well and doesn't try to be what it is not.

What needs improvement?

One of the minor problems was that when we sent mass emails to every applicant at one stage, some people didn't receive the email. It would go into a spam box. It took us quite a while to figure this out. Of course, this is a general problem with emails, but some other platforms have better ways to find this, warn, or give you best practices. With Recruitee, it took us quite a while to figure out that the problem is happening and how to deal with it. That was one of the minor issues.

Another issue was related to communication. They have a support team, but it takes quite a while to hear back on some of the issues. They don't work on weekends. It was a little unusual for a SaaS product.

I used this solution for six months. I used it quite extensively during this period.

It was pretty good. There was just one afternoon where the service was down for maintenance. In the whole period that we worked, there were very few issues with stability.

It has very good tiers. Their pricing is quite reasonable. We only scaled twice while I was there. I am not sure about the super high companies, but at least for getting started and setting yourself up and becoming, let's say, a mid-sized company, it is a very good and suitable solution.

In terms of the number of applications that we were working with, the largest number was around 1,000 active applications. These applications were past the first stage, and we were moving them through the second and third stages. For much larger entities, I guess it would be a little bit trickier.

In terms of the number of users, we had a maximum of ten people from accounts. One or two people from marketing were the main people, and they mainly designed the messages that would be automated. We had two or three people reviewing the support. They were handling all messages, communication, and applicant questions on the platform. The rest were just managers going over the whole thing and making sure that everything is working well and sometimes fiddling with the rules.

It takes quite a while to hear back on some of the issues from their support team. They don't work on weekends. When they do get back, they try their best to fix it.

If we were asking for a new feature or something that they should add, they used to communicate, "Okay. This is a new feature," or "We haven't implemented this yet. Since you are interested in it, we'll add it to our list of features in the future." On one specific occasion, they did implement an issue soon after we reported the issue or annoyance, which was nice.

We had multiple stages, and I looked at the configurations and just tried to implement it. One of the nice things is that you can very easily write your hiring rules into it, add notes, and attach and move people in bulk actions with bulk emails and triggers. There is a lot of automation. It is very easy to add other things. Most platforms have or let you use a plugin that has automation, but with Recruitee, it is again very simple and straightforward.

We were able to automate a lot of processes that we had to do manually previously, which was very nice. It took maybe a week or two weeks to fully set it up. For it to be used to its full potential, it took about a month.

I was the main person working to set it up. I am not sure about the details of the deployment on the technical side because it was mostly somebody else. I set up the webpage and put the rules for the procedures. Any manual work that had to be done was done by me, and I was also managing people.

We were able to really quicken our hiring process for other companies. It was ten times faster than before. We were able to focus on developing our website, which has been doing pretty well. It really gave us the space that we needed at the time.

Its pricing is quite reasonable. Recruitee was more favorable price-wise as compared to other solutions.

It was less of an evaluation and more of an exploration. We just tried out multiple platforms. I was the main person doing that. We tried using our own product, which wasn't the best. We were using one more tool, Workable. It was a good tool, but it was very pricey. Recruitee was more favorable price-wise. We also used Pipedrive for some of the hirings.

The main distinguisher was its simplicity. The pricing was a nice plus, but it was mainly the simplicity, the ease of use, and the ease of introduction. Our company had a high turnover. Getting people quickly into the system was quite important to us. Just being able to set something up very quickly and then change it very quickly was also very important for us. The flexibility that Recruitee gave us was high, which was its main selling point.

What other advice do I have?

I mainly recommend Recruitee for startups. The way they work is that they are free up to a certain amount of emails gives you a pretty wide scope to work with, especially as a startup. There is also the ease of setup. Any intern in your team can set it up, manage it, and go through it. You don't have to worry about that. Other than for conglomerate companies that tend to have a really complex hiring process and need ten different integrations, Recruitee is generally a pretty good, solid, and simple recruiting solution. If you're not sure, you can very easily just try it for free. The trial isn't by a period. It is by email or by use. They give you a chance to really use it well before you decide.

The biggest lesson that I have learned from using this solution is to just focus on the value that you deliver and the problem that you are solving. Before using Recruitee, with our platform, we were trying to solve every problem related to hiring in our region, which just made the platform that we were using a little too generic. It did not really solve anyone's problem particularly well. After using it, we decided to go into something that is hyper-specific. It really gave us the space to just do that. If something works for normal hiring, there is no need to redevelop it. Just focus on what doesn't work.

I would rate Recruitee a nine out of ten for what it does. It really tackles its problem well, and there are very minor complaints. It does what it does, and that's what I need.

Learn what your peers think about Recruitee. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: April 2021.
475,129 professionals have used our research since 2012.