Recruitee Review

A user-friendly solution that provides a good overview and the flexibility to alter the funnel and assign tasks

What is our primary use case?

I was working for a company with about 150 employees, and they had about 10 vacancies in a year. They did not have any ATS, and they wanted to implement an ATS system. They decided on Recruitee. We were using the enterprise version.

How has it helped my organization?

The benefits were that the hiring managers could now track their vacancies themselves because we added them to their own vacancies. They did not have to wait and call HR to see the status. They could just go into the system and check themselves, which was a really big step for them.

All candidates applied via the system because of which they had all the candidates in one place. Before using this solution, candidates were all over the organization. The hiring manager had a few candidates that came in and the recruiter had a few. Somebody else in the organization also had some candidates. Candidates were spread all over the organization, and after Recruitee, they were all clustered within the system.

What is most valuable?

What really impressed me was the ease with which you could alter the funnel. You could add steps to the funnel or just leave steps out. It provided flexibility. You could also assign specific people in the organization per vacancy.

It is user-friendly, and it has a very good overview. When you open the screen with all the vacancies, it is very easy to see your overview. You can also assign the tasks that you have to somebody, which is something that not every system has.

What needs improvement?

We found the evaluation of interviews offered in Recruitee too complicated, so we didn't use that. They offer a way to rate and evaluate interviews, but it was a little bit more complicated, so we didn't use that. It was also a little bit harder to find where this feature was located.

What surprised me was that if you have one vacancy and you want to announce it, for example, in the Netherlands in Dutch and also in English, that wasn't possible. In such a case, you need to open two vacancies, but then, of course, your reporting is off. It would be really beneficial if they can offer the possibility of posting one position in multiple languages. In this particular organization, it was not really that much of an issue because it was a local organization.

I understood from the person responsible for connecting Recruitee to career sites that there were some things that you struggled with, especially with regards to banners, pictures, photos, and things like that. I did not do it myself. On the backend, I personally didn't really have any issues.

It could maybe have integration with Outlook so that you can plan interviews straight from the system, and they also show up in the Outlook calendars of the managers.

I have used it for about two to three months.

I did not encounter any issues with regard to stability, but, of course, two to three months is not a very long time.

It works best if you do not have that many vacancies. For example, if you are a multinational and you have hundreds of vacancies, it would not be the right product for you. It would be perfect for an organization that has up to 40 or 50 vacancies a year and up to 250 employees.

In terms of the number of users, we had about 15 to 20 people. We had 3 recruiters and about 10 hiring managers. There was a key user who handled the backend in terms of setup and changing things. There were also interviewers.

In terms of usage, they had 10 slots or vacancies, and I do not think that they will extend. Usually, at the beginning of the year, they have some vacancies, and after that, it is just when somebody leaves. They're quite stable, so during the year, they don't have that many vacancies, so they can do with 10 slots or vacancies.

I found their technical support really good because they have a really big glossary setup. There are a lot of things that you can look up yourself if you don't know, and then they have a chat service that also works really well.

You don't have to create a ticket. It is just a chat service. When you're in the system and there are things that you're not sure about or have questions about, you just open the chat. A lot of time, they can straightaway give you an answer, and if they don't, they will come back to you. They probably created a ticket for that.

They didn't have anything in the company. I have used a lot of similar solutions. I have worked a lot with Workday, and I have also got experience with SuccessFactors. They're both quite similar, and they're really for bigger organizations. I have also used Taleo and PeopleSoft.

Recruitee has a very good overview. When you open the screen with all the vacancies, it is very easy to see your overview. You can also assign the tasks that you have to somebody, which is something that not every system has and is a very big plus. We found the evaluation of interviews offered in Recruitee too complicated, so we didn't use that.

It was quite straightforward. I had set up other systems before, and Recruitee was one of the most logical and easy-to-use solutions.

We were a team of three. It was me who customized it, a person from marketing who did the integration to the website, and a project manager who was basically just managing the process. She didn't do anything with the system itself.

The deployment took six weeks. In terms of the implementation strategy, we summed up all the requirements in terms of what are we going to change. We then translated these requirements to how can we do that in this system. We also did some testing with the HR manager to see if she agreed with the setup that we made. After that, we deployed it and did the training of the users.

The solution itself does not require that much maintenance. It requires maintenance only if you would like to change things. The recruiters would have to maintain the data in the system.

I left two to three months after the implementation. I would assume they have seen ROI from using this solution.

When we bought it, it was good in terms of quality and cost. It was not very expensive, but I heard that quite soon after that, they changed their way of pricing, which meant that the price went up quite substantially. Earlier, you had to just pay for the number of vacancies or slots that you wanted to use in the organization. We bought 10 slots, and they changed that system. I don't know how it works now because I don't work there anymore.

Licensing was on a yearly basis. You selected a number of slots and paid for that year. You could buy more, but you couldn't go for less. We had to pay a setup or implementation fee. Support was included in the license.

What other advice do I have?

It works best if you have a very clear picture of your recruitment process so that you can create the funnel that suits you best. I would advise working closely with somebody who has a lot of knowledge of how your own website is built up so that you can make the connection easily.

My biggest tip for others is to look into the training of the users. A lot of times, the hiring managers say that it is easy, and they have understood, but when they start working with it, it turns out that they don't understand it sufficiently. The lesson that I learned is that you really have to take time to train them and all users. Do not let them slip just because they say that they are very tech-savvy, and they will understand or find their way. Sometimes they do things in the system, and you have to correct all those steps.

I would rate Recruitee an eight out of ten. It might not be the right solution for larger and complex organizations or multinationals. It is a really good system for smaller organizations. It will bring them a lot of benefits.

Private Cloud
Learn what your peers think about Recruitee. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: April 2021.
476,163 professionals have used our research since 2012.