Riverbed SteelCentral AppInternals Review

The troubleshooting capabilities will help in solving problems

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use this solution for troubleshooting. Whenever a customer has problems in the performance with the servers, we use this application to manage this do some troubleshooting to fix the problem.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the connections for marketing. I like it that one can match IPs with the application name.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see an improvement in the investigation. Sometimes one has some issues or something like an error that needs to be investigated to take appropriate action. But I have found a server error that I can't seem to move.

I also think the support could be better. They weren't very helpful when I had a problem.

I have been using the solution for six months now on premise.

The technical support is not very good and should be improved.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others would be to use this solution for monitoring. For instance, if I need to monitor something or if I have an error, I can take access from Riverbed, which will then provide me with a reports of what I should do. That is very handy. One should really understand how the solution works in order to get the best out of it. You can use it in many ways - you can do troubleshooting, make reports, you can read, and it will really help you, but you need to deliver it in the right way.

I will rate it a seven out of ten.