Riverbed SteelCentral AppInternals Review

Points out the relevant problems in the enterprise and it's easy to understand

What is most valuable?

The most valuable aspect of this solution is the integration with their other systems. It's easy to understand and it points out the relevant problems in the enterprise.

What needs improvement?

I would like for it to have automated updates, the way the product updates itself should be all automated, as opposed to what it is now.

I have been using Riverbed for several years now.

The stability is good.

Scalability could be improved in terms of the number of technologies that you can use it with.

The people using is a small amount, just our enterprise. The users are mostly admin.

Their technical support is good.

We used Foglight before this solution. The reason we switched is because Quest Foglight was a bit of a complex platform and not really delivering the visibility that was required.

The initial setup is not complex, but it's not as smooth as it could be.

The deployment takes a couple of days, but it's the ongoing deployment of the agents that's the issue.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it an eight out of ten.

My advice to someone considering this solution is to do a proof of concept. Clearly identify what it is you actually want a product of this nature to do. How grandly do you want to get into the data sets?

Hybrid Cloud