Rohde & Schwarz Oscilloscopes Review

What is our primary use case?

We are using it for spectrum analysis, most frequency domain stuff, and phase noise measurements.

How has it helped my organization?

It is a more efficient, easier way to do measurements.

What is most valuable?

• The instrument has a wide bandwidth. You can sweep across a wide range of frequencies.
  • The resolution is good.
  • The accuracy is pretty good.

What needs improvement?

It would be good if they would try to automate most things because it has more pressing buttons and repetitive work. If there were automation scripts that they could provide, that would improve things.

It would be good if they could go up to higher gigahertz bandwidths. Right now, the analyzer that we have is able to go to 10 GHz, and there's a lot of stuff going on at higher frequencies. I'm not sure if they have this product available in the market.

Less than one year.

We are probably not using the full bandwidth of the product.

If it is upgradable, definitely we want to upgrade. We want to go to the higher bandwidths and are limited by the bandwidth of the product. Also, we want to go onto the higher frequencies.

I haven't been in contact with the technical support or vendor.

We did a comparison with the Keysight product, and the resolution of Keysight was more efficient and better compared against Rohde & Schwarz.

What other advice do I have?

The product is good and efficient in terms of the measurements, but it is pretty repetitive to use.

The application base that the solution is targeting is a high-speed serial technology. We measure phase noise. The spectrum analyzer that we're using is an important criteria to characterize the things that we want.

There is definitely a learning curve. To get used to the system, it will probably be two or three days. It's not much time. It's pretty easy, but most of the time, you have to repeat everything.

The user interface is pretty good. The menu functions are available right on the screen. For the analyzer that we are using, it has most of the button things and there is no touch screen to it. You pretty much figure out what's going on and you just have to press the buttons.

We are not using it for IoT development.