Rohde & Schwarz Oscilloscopes Review

Repeatable results help me know what to fix, how much to fix, and when to stop

What is our primary use case?

I'm using the EMC Receiver for compliance testing, EMC. For us, the product is targeting embedded systems, predominantly, and I have multiple antennas on the same board: Cell mode, GPS, Bluetooth. Keeping all those separate and identifying them is a major part of it.

We are also using this product to support connected devices for IoT development.

We utilize the full bandwidth.

How has it helped my organization?

Repeatability is the main thing: Being able to go back to the lab and test get the same results. I know what to fix and how much to fix and when to stop.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the accuracy and repeatability.

What needs improvement?

In terms of the user interface, the program is great but the front panel is a little bit tough to get through.

In the next release, I would like to see report generation. It would make it a lot easier to refer back to and, when doing final testing, seeing what went on during the pre-test would help.

More than five years.

Technical support is fair because I use front panel more than I use programming. Most of tech support doesn't use front panel.

The previous solution dropped by the wayside. It was HP, and then it went to Agilent. Rohde & Schwarz has always been top-end. That's what influenced it.

The pricing is too high.

Tektronix was definitely on the shortlist but I still like Rohde & Schwarz displays and accuracy. We didn't do a trial before purchasing.

What other advice do I have?

Save up your money and get one. It's worth it.

There was most definitely a learning curve. On any instrument there's a learning curve. It took me a good two weeks.

Our solution is field-upgradable but I'm not sure yet how we'll take advantage of that.

I'd give it an eight out of ten. Again, the display, the presentation of the data, as well as repeatability and accuracy, are what count.