RSA Adaptive Authentication Review

Offers fraud detection capability with minimal friction in the customer experience. I would like to see better reporting modules.

What is most valuable?

One of the most valuable features is the fraud detection capability with minimal friction in the customer experience. Also, the capability to manage your business policy related to security when required without vendor involvement.

How has it helped my organization?

Prior to the implementation of the system, our internet banking fraud team relied solely on customer reports for unauthorized fraud transactions. With the system, the fraud team was more proactive, and managed to stop the transaction even as early as during session sign in. To some extent, the system has managed to identify the fraudulent activities including identity theft originating from similar IP address/country which was a major modus operandi, previously.

What needs improvement?

Reporting modules is one of the major areas that can be improved further. Understanding of system integration and its infrastructure is also a major area that should be highlighted to the clients planning to have this as on-premise, rather than on the cloud. The complexity of having the system as on-premise can be a liability, if insufficient resources are allocated to the system, from a technical, as well as a business, point of view.

We have used this solution for seven years.

There were issues with stability during the initial setup. Correct hardware version and configuration will come handy for this part. Vendor is very helpful and professional during this period.

In terms of scalability, this was expected since the vendor has provided their advice but due to other issues, we unable to do it on time. Subsequently, it was handled appropriately.

Technical support is very efficient, especially if you opt for the paid support. Nevertheless, without the premium one, the vendor will still be as helpful as required.

No previous solution was used for the same purpose.

The initial setup was complex due to the number of users, as well as the number of transactions involved. The expectation on the system also varies among the stakeholders, making it difficult to obtain the commitment in setting up the default configuration of the system.

You may need to opt for second best if funding is low and the number of users is huge. However, the pricing is able to be negotiated if your user figures are huge.

We evaluated Trusteer and Authentify.

What other advice do I have?

Operational issues will need to be managed internally, since the vendor will not be able to provide much input on this area. The resource allocation as well as segregation of task among internal unit can cause delay to project timeline.