SAP Analytics Hub Review

A stable solution that integrates well with the SAP product line

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and the SAP Analytics Hub is one of the products that we implement for our customers.

How has it helped my organization?

Our company integrates SAP Analytics Hub with rest of the SAP solution stack for our customers.

What is most valuable?

What I like best about this solution is that it is built into the SAP line, making it easier to integrate with other SAP products.

What needs improvement?

There is a steep learning curve with SAP Analytic Cloud for others from Non-SAP world, compared to other cloud solutions like Azure, GCP, AWS etc.

Access to SAP training labs are a challenge compared to other vendors and the learning content can be structured better. Now, the content is spread across developer forum. Practice labs can be improved.

Specific learning paths are not available for some of their products like SAP Data Intelligence which needs to be integrated with SAP Analytics Cloud and there are no hands on Labs to practice SAP DI on Access.

The learning interfaces on Developer forum can be more user-friendly experience. learning experiences on GCP & Azure are a breeze.

I have been working with the SAP Analytics Hub for the past three or four months.

Stability is not a problem for SAP products with Managed services.

Scalability has not been an issue, as these are cloud solutions and use micro-services to scale up and down to reduce cost. However, understanding data helps make wise choices about the tools used.

I have not been in touch with technical support.

No. Integration across SAP's product line makes it easier to get started on any new innovations quickly. One word of caution, please spend some time working on any product with SAP's Co-Innovation Labs to validate your solutions.

Trying to consumes SAP cloud services in hybrid cloud model will be easier than trying to set them on your own by buying infra & installation etc.

In-house team

I don't have a view on this.

I am not expert in this area. A well defined Problem and A well understood solution will help reduce the cost, get the best prices and choose the licensing model that avoids vendor lock-in.

In a multi-cloud world, one has to realise that there is no One product which meets all requirements. Hence, SAP also allows integration of its platform with services from other cloud service providers and other non-SAP database platforms too.

What other advice do I have?

The SAP Analytics Hub is a product that I recommend because, for SAP customers, I think that it is a good fit.

Microsoft Azure