SAP NetWeaver MDM [EOL] Review

It's helped us to create and maintain product catalogs distributed to both SAP and non-SAP systems. Unfortunately, it's in a maintenance phase with no further development.

What is most valuable?

• Mass Editing
  • Duplicate Check configuration

How has it helped my organization?

We have used this for management of SAP master data with enterprise wide workflows for objects material, such as banks, customers, and vendor. Also, we have used it for the creation and maintenance of product catalogs which are distributed to both SAP and non-SAP systems.

What needs improvement?

It's in a maintenance phase with no further development.

You should consider a move away from SAP MDM

I've used it since 2008.

Not as long as you stay inside the set standards.

It is the standard level that we use from SAP. Thorough and slow, but it's very administrative if you follow strictly by the rules. It helps to know a few guys.

We did use and implement different solutions, either a custom made office solution (Notes, Sharepoint, Mail) or a Standalone SAP System.

The setup is straigthforward if you have a clear definition of the target structure and data defintions. If you have various versions of data definitions across the target landscape, the setup and rules defintition (how to transform/interpret data depending on the source-target relationships) becomes very complex. In short, the technology is straightforward, but it does not turn bad data into good data.

Both, implementation success is largely dependant on the maturity of Master Data Management overall. You will need most support on the conceptual definition of the degree and level of harmonization of data across the enterprise. Technical consulting is required depending on you in-house SAP expertise: you need SAP BW Workflow, ABAP coding and Webdynpro skills, plus a solid SAP Basis.

We have implemented other MDM products/solutions for SAP master data, e.g. Talend MDM.

What other advice do I have?

Very good Features but extremely complex system and client architecture with a mix of technology (C++, JAVA, Webynpro, ABAP etc.).

Do not start to implement SAP MDM, only look at SAP MDG.

7.5
**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are a partner of SAP for a number of solutions, but we do not have a relationship with them regarding MDM or MDG.
More SAP NetWeaver MDM [EOL] reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about SAP, Informatica, TIBCO and others in Master Data Management (MDM) Software. Updated: August 2021.
533,638 professionals have used our research since 2012.