SAS Enterprise Miner Review

Excellent integration; data management and analytics are key features.

What is our primary use case?

I'm a user of this solution and our use case is mostly for data management and analytics. The solution is on a server with access through to client applications. We have about 20 people who are direct users of this product. I'm the head of data engineering and we're customers of SAS Miner.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of the solution is the data management and analytics. They also have very good integration.

What needs improvement?

The main issue with the solution is the high cost, it's very expensive. You really need to be a corporate company to buy the software. Individuals or small business wouldn't be able to afford it. Technical support could also be improved.

I've been using this solution for many years.

The stability is good, I haven't experienced any glitches.

I haven't experienced any issues with scalability.

Technical support is average, they're not the best but they're okay. The response times can be slow. They're not always immediately available when you need them.

The initial setup was fairly straightforward, but there's definitely complexities involved there. To get the software depot you need to first download it, which is a quite a big thing. You then need to go through the same process to update so you either need some help to get it done or just need to go and do it yourself. Deployment took a few days and we used the SAS guys to assist.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this product but there are open source products like Python that can do the same thing for free. Solutions like Jupiter Notebooks and Anaconda are also available.

I would rate this product an eight out of 10.

More SAS Enterprise Miner reviews from users