SAS Enterprise Miner Review

A comprehensive data analytics tool with several valuable features, satisfactory technical support, and a stable build

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of the solution was to perform fraud modeling techniques for a financial institution.

What is most valuable?

I found the ease of use of the solution the most valuable. Additionally, other valuable features include: the user interface, power to extract data, compatibility with other technologies (specifically with PS400), and automation of several tasks.

What needs improvement?

One improvement I would suggest is the compatibility with Microsoft SQL and to improve all communications to the solution.

For a future release, I would like for the solution to be combined with other product offerings as opposed to a lot of separate solutions. For example, Text Miner is a separate product. I have to spend additional money to purchase a license for Text Miner.

I have been using the solution for four years.

The stability of the solution depends on the machine that is being used to run it. For example, if the machine's RAM is low, then issues may arise when dealing with large amounts of data.

The solution helped me scale up several of my analytical projects.

The customer service/technical support for this solution was satisfactory.

The initial setup is challenging if doing it for the first time.

The solution is expensive for an individual, but for an enterprise/institution (purchasing bulk licenses), it is not a high price for the use that will come from it.

What other advice do I have?

Individuals using this solution should be familiar with analytical techniques before they start with Enterprise Miner. Additionally, they should know the difference between SAS and SQL and understand why are they are using one or the other.

SAS is not a software development tool. Most people think that they will create applications using SAS, which is not true. It is an analytical tool and helps automate some of your tasks.

More SAS Enterprise Miner reviews from users
...who compared it with Anaconda
Find out what your peers are saying about SAS, IBM, Knime and others in Data Mining. Updated: July 2021.
521,637 professionals have used our research since 2012.