SAS Enterprise Miner Review

Scalable, with good functional, but the languarge integration is not good

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for data mining and machine learning.

How has it helped my organization?

It helps the organization to build the DS part easily.

What is most valuable?

The data processing of the solution is very good, easy to use, both for enterprise and personal use.

What needs improvement?

The solution needs a language integration like Python for the user with more efficiency programming; SAS is kind of a powerful tool in past years that focus in SAS environment. but Python is more open and popular, which will be more acceptable in today's data science area.

I've been using the solution for about ten years.

The stability isn't perfect. We have issues with accuracy. In some AI forecasting areas, and the accuracy is not as good as the clients need it to be.

The solution is scalable.

The technical support for the solution is okay.

The initial setup is not so easy. Not many clients know much about the AI, so it's difficult to educate our clients on AI tech in order to make them feel comfortable using the product once it's implemented. Deployment takes about three to six months.

What other advice do I have?

We use the cloud deployment model.

Our clients want to use more popular and more open-source tools, so SAS isn't so popular in our region.

I'd rate the solution seven out of ten. I'd rate the solution higher if it was easier to use. Right now, it requires too much effort to explain the tool to clients.

More SAS Enterprise Miner reviews from users