SAS Predictive Analytics Review

Good forecasting, reporting, and data integrity, but it needs to be more user-friendly

What is our primary use case?

I have been using this solution in different companies and have used all of the tools like SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio. The Studio is where predictive analytics is done.

My use of this solution has been for data analytics in different domains, such as for providing quotes in the financial industry.

I do not deal with the core administration. I typically use it for programming and analytics.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are forecasting and reporting. We have used these features to produce predictive analytics reports for retail clients.

What needs improvement?

The dashboard could be made easier to use. I think that SAS BA represents an evolution of the product in this regard.

I think that this solution should be more compatible with other software, including open-source solutions.

If SAS were more flexible in terms of licensing then that would be good, because it costs more than other solutions.

I would like to see more flexibility in the interface so that a person at the managerial level can also make use of it in a basic way.

I have been using SAS Predictive Analytics for the past 12 years.

I have never had issues in terms of scalability.

I have rarely been in contact with technical support. There are organizational tools and manuals available so we've always tried to handle problems by ourselves, rather than use an external support team.

I have done some predictive analytics with relational databases like SQL Server and Oracle. The interface is different for each of them, but the base of everything is SQL so the main differences are the interface and the syntax.

I think that it requires some basic knowledge for a person to install it, but otherwise, it is straightforward. For somebody with experience, it will be okay. However, there is other software, such as Tableau, that is easier to install than SAS.

Wherever I have worked, there have been sufficient manuals and training to help install it without assistance from a third-party integrator or consultant.

What other advice do I have?

This is a good solution, although I consider other software as competitive and more user-friendly. SAS is not for everybody. When it comes to data quality and data integrity, SAS is superior, but when it comes to user-friendliness, there is other software that behaves better.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.