Serena Solutions Business Manager Review

Allows you to get a fully functional app based on your process sketch

What is most valuable?

The solution provides business process automatization. The Composer is absolutely a magical tool. It allows you to get a fully functional app based on your process sketch, in couple of hours, without knowing BPMN notation.

How has it helped my organization?

Typically SBM is used by IT departments. We got transparency over the DevOps, after implementing ITSM and ALM processes on the MB platform.

We get automation in the Project office, including interaction with Accounting. This was incredible in terms of how fast we got a workable solution that reduced our losses on the interactions between departments.

What needs improvement?

From technical point of view, it would be better to support more than just MS SQL and Oracle DB.

We have been using this solution for 10 years.

I did not encounter any issues with deployment.

I did not encounter any issues with stability.

I did not encounter any issues with scalability.

Customer service is quite good.

Technical support is excellent.

• MS SharePoint: In the area of Business process automation, it was almost nightmare to implement any new process, or make even smallest modification to an existing one.
  • JIRA and HPE Service Manager for IT Processes. The HPE solution was too complex and the costs were huge.
  • JIRA is still in use by developers for some tasks.

The installation and configuration were pretty easy.

The initial steps (installation/configuration) were done by a vendor team. They also implemented a couple of processes in IT and they had excellent skills. Later on, most tasks were covered by our IT department, and even the business staff uses the tool from time to time.

Basic licenses are not tied into processes. We got a big profit with implementing a custom ITSM solution instead of buying Serena's additional licenses (SSM).

Find out what your peers are saying about Micro Focus, IBM, Microsoft and others in Software Configuration Management. Updated: July 2021.
521,817 professionals have used our research since 2012.