SolarWinds LEM Review

Easy to use with good reporting and alerting functionality

What is our primary use case?

We work with and resell all of the SolarWinds products, and SolarWinds LEM is one of the solutions that I have experience with.

This solution is used in conjunction with others to find the root cause of problems when a user is not able to access an application.

What is most valuable?

This tool is simple to use.

The reporting and alerting capabilities are really nice.

The Heat Map is a very good feature that is related to Wi-Fi and helps to monitor access points.

What needs improvement?

It takes a long time to perform a root cause analysis.

I would like to have a more customizable dashboard.

I have been working with SolarWinds LEM for four years.

We have had no issues with stability.

This is a scalable solution. We have deployed it both in Windows and Linux environments.

I have contacted SolarWinds technical support six or seven times and I think that the support is very good. The only problem is that when the system goes down, the diagnostics might take a long time.

For example, in a large environment, we had a situation where the application was down for one or two days. Normally, at most, it will take three or four hours for a large environment. In a small environment, the time that it will be unavailable due to diagnostics is about an hour and a half.

The initial setup is totally straightforward. It takes a maximum of two hours to deploy.

What other advice do I have?