SolarWinds Network Automation Manager Review

Good technical support and documentation with an easy initial setup

What is most valuable?

The solution offers excellent support and documentation. They have many documents that are very helpful for the integration teams and can help us maintain the solution. It's all very detailed and very deep.

The assistance of pre-sales has been useful. They follow up and ask if we need assistance and are very interactive. They are helpful during the pre-sales phase.

The solution also offers some labs. There are three labs that you can use without any costs. You can just connect with your account and you have the access to the lab, and you can test whatever you would like to test.

The solution offers so many great resources, it makes them a powerhouse in the market.

What needs improvement?

I'm not really on the technical side, so it's hard for me to comment on items that may be missing from the solution.

There's always general room for improvement on any product, however, overall, it's working quite well for us and our clients.

The price could be a bit lower.

I've been using the solution for two years.

The solution is very, very stable. It doesn't have bugs or glitches and works without any issues. It's reliable.

The solution is very scalable. You just have to buy the license and then you can scale the products to however much you need. It's easy to do. A company that needs to expand the solution should have no issues doing so.

I would say that, however, sometimes when you scale if you are the license you have also may have to change the hardware as the existing hardware may not support the technical performance of the new license. If you would like to buy more SolarWinds licenses, always go with the hardware that can support the level of scalability you need.

Technical support is excellent. There's also great documentation both for assisting in setting the solution up and troubleshooting when necessary. We're pretty satisfied with the level of support we get.

Personally, I've never done a set-up myself. However, I can say that hearing from our technical team, it is easy and intuitive, so there is no complexity there to worry about.

Deployment times vary from customer to customer. However, we typically warn a client it can take from one to two weeks to complete.

The solution can be a bit expensive.

What other advice do I have?

We're a partner.

We tend to recommend the latest version of the solution, although it depends on the use case.

We can always do some research or qualify the products for our clients. However, whether the product is ideal for a client or not depends on their unique needs, so we would look to that before suggesting any product.

Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I'd rate it at a ten. It does everything we need it to do and I can't think of an area where it is lacking.

Find out what your peers are saying about SolarWinds, Red Hat, Micro Focus and others in Network Automation. Updated: January 2021.
455,536 professionals have used our research since 2012.