SonarQube Review

It's changed the attitude of our developers as they can see their code exceptions at compile time, but it would be great if it also covered XML code.

Valuable Features

We are working in the banking sector, and our application code is quite large in terms of performance. Ranorex has helped us a lot to follow Java code conventions for writing performance oriented code.

It also has very good compatibility with continuous integration servers like Hudson and Jenkins.

Improvements to My Organization

It had changed the whole attitude of the developers of our team as they can see their code exceptions at compile time. With this, we have delivered a quality product to our stakeholders.

Room for Improvement

It would be great if it also covered XML code.

Use of Solution

We have been using this solution in our Java web application for the last 18 months. We embedded SonarQube with the help of a SonarQube-maven plugin in our web application.

No issues encountered.

It's excellent as we get everything we need from the product.

It was somewhat complex as we have to integrate it with Apache Maven-2.2.1, and there is no listing of SonarQube version compatibility with Apache Maven.

Implementation Team

We did it in-house.

ROI

It is quite an efficient product in terms of ROI.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

Its is available on open to use license.

Other Solutions Considered

We did some R&D according to our product need and found SonarQube as a solution.

Other Advice

I would advise you to implement SonarQube if they are facing any performance related issues in their products.