Sophos Intercept X Review

Utilizes machine learning functionality and provides good cloud-based administration

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is endpoint protection.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the anti-ransomware engine, deep learning, web filtering, and the cloud manageability.

What needs improvement?

I would like to have a built-in firewall, rather than having to integrate one. Having both a personal firewall and an endpoint firewall would be an improvement. It does have firewall monitoring capability but it is integrated with the Windows firewall. Having their own endpoint firewall would be better.

We have been working with Sophos Intercept X for about two weeks.

With respect to stability, given that we have only been using it for a couple of weeks, it is too early to tell. That said, we have not experienced any issues so far.

Scalability has not been a problem.

I have not had any issues, yet, that necessitated contacting technical support.

Prior to Sophos, we were using a product by Symantec. The first difference is the deep learning or machine learning aspect. The second is the cloud administration capabilities. They both support cloud but the administration is better in Sophos.

The initial setup is straightforward.

I find the pricing to be a little bit expensive, although it is acceptable, for now.

What other advice do I have?

The suitability of this product depends on the company and its environment, but for a company like us, I recommend Sophos.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

More Sophos Intercept X reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about Sophos Intercept X. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
457,459 professionals have used our research since 2012.