Sophos Intercept X Review

Reliable, user-friendly, good price, and useful for malware protection and application blocking

What is our primary use case?

We use it for all of its features, with the exception of mobile device management. We use it for DLP, malware protection, some forms of asset tracking, application blocking, and so forth.

It is deployed on-premises and on the cloud. We are using its latest version.

What is most valuable?

Malware protection and application blocking are absolutely great. The DLP and malware features are very helpful.

It is also very user-friendly, reliable, and scalable. It is easy to set up. We are also happy with its price and support.

What needs improvement?

Mobile device management is a challenging area, and it can be improved. Some areas in the DLP solution can also be improved. It has the DLP capability, but it is not an all-out DLP program. I would like to see them improve the DLP solution in terms of reporting and possibly network monitoring. Currently, they only do the reporting parts of it.

I have been using this solution for close to two years.

It is a very reliable solution.

It is very easily scalable. We have scaled it, and we had very minor problems in expanding it across the organizations and new acquisitions.

They provide a great response. They are available through email and phone calls. After you create a ticket, they will respond within 24 hours.

We've only used Symantec. Symantec is nowhere near this solution.

The initial setup was straightforward.

Our team did the deployment. We got the training from them, and we did the deployment ourselves.

Compared to other solutions, such as CrowdStrike, we are most certainly happy with its pricing. We did a three year-business deal.

What other advice do I have?

I most certainly would recommend this solution. One of the recommendations would be to make sure that you have a plan and a dedicated team to be able to manage all of the functions that are in the Sophos solution.

I would rate Sophos Intercept X an eight out of ten.

More Sophos Intercept X reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about Sophos Intercept X. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
511,307 professionals have used our research since 2012.