Sophos Intercept X Review

It is very stable and I like the monitoring I get over my clients

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this solution is to offer a complete and monitored solution regarding ransomware protection to all my clients & servers.

How has it helped my organization?

Sophos improved our organization allowing us to setup a very efficient solution, cloud managed, introducing a new modern concept: Syncronized Security (between Firewall and end-point)

What is most valuable?

A valuable feature offered by Sophos is called Naked Security and it entails the control managed by the firewall on the site regarding the desktop client interfacing with our cloud client. So we have a central management console where we can observe and act and manage all our customers. It's like a proper perfect solution.

What needs improvement?

Something that could be improved is to better integrate all different platform available at the moment (not only allow pcs, servers but also other o.s. platforms, Android & IOS and so on too). It should be more user-friendly, automated and able to manage and analyze the logging of the operation, provided that Intercept X is one part of a more complete security solution (Syncronized Security - between firewall, endpoint, mobile devs). Logging & reporting is very important for us, especially in Italy.

We've been using Sophos Intercept X ( /products/sophos-intercept-x-reviews ) for two to three years now on public cloud.

I am satisfied with the program's stability. There were some maintenance problems, but very rarely. We generally receive an alert from Sophos when there will be maintenance operations, so we can plan accordingly.

The program is very scalable. We have about 300 computers, servers, work stations and mobile devices in our company. We have one staff member who is responsible for maintenance. We are all system integrators in our office and we plan to increase our usage soon.

The support wasn't very good initially, but they became better. Compared to other brands' support, I'm quite satisfied about the support we get now.

We used a few different products to achieve one objective, but now, with Sophos Intercept, we've solved our problem, reducing dramatically manual monitoring activities.

The initial setup was not very user-friendly, but it improved during the evolution. It was rather difficult at first. Our deployment took half a day. Especially if we consider the Intercept X inside the final solution. We had to plan the setup. It all depends on the number of clients, of course. We did everything by ourselves because we are certified partners; we don't need external consultants.

We pay an annual license fee.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others would be to get certification over time because without certification, it's not so easy to setup and use. Users should familiarize themselves with all the features of the program. On a scale of one to ten, my rating is nine, because of the few missing features that I think should be added in a close future.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Silver Solution Partner