Sophos Intercept X Review

Good performance, flexible, and powerful centralized policy management

What is our primary use case?

I work with a number of Sophos products, mainly those managed through Sophos Central.

I provide general support for this solution, and my experience is with deployment and some configuration. I have been using the premium edition at home for more than a year, and have been dealing with training and support for approximately six months.

We are using this solution for cloud-based support, and using a cloud-based deployment.

How has it helped my organization?

We provide managed services to Sophos clients as part of our business offering.

What is most valuable?

The performance of this solution is good. This product does not overload the machine, even on relatively old hardware. It is a good experience in terms of CPU utilization, and how many of the cycles are going to the antivirus scanner.

This solution is easy to install, and it is flexible in terms of configuration.

The centralized management is a great feature for assigning certain policies to machines.

All of the features are very important for anyone who is supporting a large number of computers.

What needs improvement?

The price of this solution can be improved. The lesser the price, the more people will purchase it in the future, and it will become more popular and more widespread.

I have been using this solution for more than a year.

I have never seen the "Blue Screen of Death" based on interactions between Sophos and the operating system. Similarly, I have not seen the computer stuck, or frozen during the virus scanning process. My overall impression of stability is very good.

I would rate the technical support for this solution a nine out of ten.

What other advice do I have?

This product works as expected. From the point of view of a Sophos Trainee and Sophos Support Specialist, I admire what this product is doing. It is flexible and the management console is easy to work with.

Overall, this product is doing fine and I have nothing to complain about.

My advice to anybody who is researching similar solutions is that if they are looking for something that is simple and reliable, then this is a good choice. There will be less effort from the local IT support, and they will have well covered and protected endpoints. If they are not willing to spend a lot of time designing policies, precisely tuning everything for maximum performance and protection, then Sophos is the best choice. With very little effort you have a fully functional and very secure system.

Sophos is the best in its class, although there are no perfect systems.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.