Splunk Review

Stable, with easy log connection and the capability to scale

What is our primary use case?

We are using Splunk as a SIEM tool. We're using it for monitoring.

What is most valuable?

The ease of log connection has been great.

Its compatibility with other SIEMS is very useful.

They have many basic use cases that we like.

The cloud version of the solution is especially scalable.

The product has been quite stable so far.

The initial setup is very easy.

What needs improvement?

Technical support is lacking post-sale.

The modification of firmware could be improved.

We find that the maintenance process could be a lot better.

The solution is more expensive than other options on the market.

We haven't been using the solution for too long at this point. It's been about four months or so.

The stability has been good. It offers good performance and doesn't seem to be buggy. There aren't glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

The solution is scalable. This is especially true for the cloud deployment model. There really isn't anything holding you back if you use that version.

We have around 100 people on the solution currently. 60 to 70 of those are technical users.

We do plan to keep using Splunk

Technical support services are lacking, especially after you buy the product. They aren't as helpful or responsive as we need them to be. However, when we do reach them, they are good and they help.

I have used McAfee Nitro in the past and IBM QRadar as well.

The initial setup is not complex. It's very straightforward. In fact, it's far easier to install than other log tools on the market. A company shouldn't have any issues with the process.

That said, I did not work on the installation myself. Other people at the company handled that aspect of the process.

The maintenance process could be better. It's a bit difficult once the deployment is done. We need about five people for maintenance tasks.

When you compare the services and features, the pricing is reasonable. That said, if you compare Splunk to other options on the market, it is more expensive.

What other advice do I have?

As we recently purchased the solution, we are using the latest version right now.

I would recommend the solution to other users.

I would rate the solution at an eight out of ten. If the solution offered a better price and better support services, I would likely rate it higher. However, for the most part, we have been satisfied with the product and its capabilities.

More Splunk reviews from users
...who compared it with LogRhythm NextGen SIEM
Learn what your peers think about Splunk. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
522,946 professionals have used our research since 2012.