Splunk Review

Good integration, easy UI, and very stable and scalable

What is most valuable?

Its integration is most valuable. Its UI is also pretty much easy.

What needs improvement?

Its setup is a little bit complex for a distributed environment.

Their support can also be better. If we raise a case with Splunk support and by any chance we missed to respond for more than a week, they usually close the case. Sometimes, it can take us more than a week to reply. In that case What they can do is they can send a followup mail before closing.

I have been using this solution for a year now.

It is very stable haven't encounter any glitches or bugs till now.

It is very much scalable. I am acting as an admin, and we have more than a hundred users of this solution in our company. We use it on a regular basis. We currently don't have any plan to increase its usage.

I would rate them an eight out of ten. Their response speed is okay, but if, by any chance, we miss the response for more than a week, they usually close the case. Sometimes, it can take us more than a week to reply.

This is the only solution that we have been using.

Its setup is pretty much easy for standalone, but for a distributed environment, it is a little bit complex.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others, but it should meet their needs and architecture.

I would rate Splunk a nine out of ten.

7.3.5
More Splunk reviews from users
...who compared it with LogRhythm NextGen SIEM
Learn what your peers think about Splunk. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
509,570 professionals have used our research since 2012.