Splunk Review

Straightforward to set up with great integration capabilities and a high level of maturity

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for monitoring and security.

We can use the solution to try to find some correlational data. For example, in banks, there is usually a protocol whereby users cannot withdraw more than a certain amount of money from an ATM. However, we find that, when people are on holiday, they are trying to withdraw more than the allowed amount. It's a use case we can deploy in our country. You can set certain rules and watch the data in order to gain insights.

How has it helped my organization?

I cannot speak to a specific example of how the solution has assisted our organization.

What is most valuable?

The solution's capability is its most valuable aspect.

The initial setup is very straightforward.

The solution has proven to be quite stable.

We've found the solution to be very mature.

The integration capabilities are excellent. They have apps that integrate quite well with Palo Alto and Cisco, for example.

What needs improvement?

Sometimes it becomes very difficult to find certain results from Splunk. Not all users are developers and they are not able to write code to find specific results or specific details from Splunk. From a user perspective, the solution needs to improve the search functionality.

The dashboard could be improved. If it was easier for non-developers or those working in network security, it would be ideal. It would be nice if they had a built-in dashboard for those who are less knowledgeable in coding.

The product is relatively expensive.

I haven't been using the solution for very long just yet.

The solution is very stable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

We do not plan to increase usage at this time.

We've used technical support in the past. We've found them to be very helpful and responsive. We're satisfied with the level of support that we receive when we reach out for help.

I've previously used LogRhythm, among other solutions. We sell a few different solutions.

The initial setup is not too difficult. It's not overly complex. It's straightforward. The code is very easy.

The deployment took two or three months or so.

We used an integrator to assist us in the initial setup.

The problem with the product is that the price of Splunk is very high. It is an industry leader and therefore it's high in terms of price. That is the issue in our country. Sometimes people want to buy Splunk, however, due to the budget, they are not able to.

What other advice do I have?

We are resellers.

We use a variety of deployment models, including private cloud and hybrid.

This solution is the best security solution. If a company is looking for the best, they have to buy Splunk. It is a very good and very mature solution. It is very easy to integrate with some other service or security solutions. If they have specific solutions that need to be integrated for monitoring purposes, it should be a problem. For example, it integrates very well with Cisco.

I'd rate the solution at a ten out of ten. We are quite happy with its capabilities.

Private Cloud

8.1
More Splunk reviews from users
...who compared it with LogRhythm NextGen SIEM
Learn what your peers think about Splunk. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
509,570 professionals have used our research since 2012.