What is our primary use case?
Splunk provided me a platform to analyze both infrastructure loads and application performance for quick troubleshooting saving a load of time. Versatile apps at Splunkbase helped me to better configure and enhance visualization of the KPIs in my application.
How has it helped my organization?
- Splunk has reduced application downtime by helping identify the point of failure.
- It has helped in identifying information streaming bottlenecks.
- Its machine learning capabilities along with custom script implementation has helped the organization a lot.
- Visualizations helped the organisation have a better understanding of its KPIs.
What is most valuable?
Its huge, versatile AppBase helped me to configure and bring data from different sources to a unified platform.
What needs improvement?
- Custom visualizations are real hard. While the default visualizations are good, creating enhanced visualizations are complex.
- Configuring a few apps is complex, not straightforward.
For how long have I used the solution?
More than five years.
What do I think about the stability of the solution?
What do I think about the scalability of the solution?
How was the initial setup?
Splunk setup is easy and straightforward.
What's my experience with pricing, setup cost, and licensing?
Splunk is a bit pricier, but the benefits and ROI are huge.
Which other solutions did I evaluate?
We also evaluated ELK, Dynatrace, and New Relic, but Splunk provided a comprehensive solution to fit our all around needs.