Symantec Web Application Firewall Review

Straightforward setup but the whole Web Security Gateway can be better

What is our primary use case?

The clients turned our view on a few aspects. I believe that solutions have changed over the last few years and I think the value proposition has changed quite a bit. I don't really know. I see the value in the proxy for many things, and I feel that web proxy is not the way to go necessarily, in the future.

What needs improvement?

I would say that the whole Web Security Gateway can be better. I feel that it controls the endpoint. But I am not sure if any improvement is necessary on the actual Web Security Gateway installed, which is meant to be beneficial, because maybe the problem lies at our endpoint.

We don't use Symantec Web Application Firewall internally for our own company, we only provide the service to other clients.

Our clients had a few technical issues, which were resolved. But the technical support wasn't great.

The setup was straightforward, but I would say the deployment timeline as indicated, was rather complex.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to 10, I would give it a five. I'm not convinced that it's necessarily the best solution going forward in the future. The technical support could be better, and the initial setup and deployment could be more straightforward.

More Symantec Web Application Firewall reviews from users
...who compared it with F5 Advanced WAF
Find out what your peers are saying about Broadcom, Fortinet, Citrix and others in Web Application Firewall (WAF). Updated: July 2021.
523,535 professionals have used our research since 2012.